What is JCB’s BIM management process?
When managing its projects, JCB Construction Canada implements the Autodesk Build management tool, within which all construction documents related to a mandate are deposited. This platform enables efficient collaboration between all project stakeholders, and provides better control over documentation, quality, change tracking and commissioning. Among other things, this platform facilitates:
- Managing and monitoring all documentation
- Consultation of construction documents (plans and specifications) in real time
- Approval process for shop drawings and technical data sheets
- Process for responding to technical queries (QRT)
- Creation of Inspection elements observations and the list of deficiencies
- Drafting and tracking meeting minutes.
As part of our BIM projects, the Model Coordination module is grafted onto the Autodesk Build platform. With this module, we are able to bring together all the 3D models of all our main subcontractors and create a virtual model of the project. It is via this module that our BIM managers are able to set up the BIM process in close collaboration with all the companies involved. All parties involved can benefit from:
- the cloud-based platform for real-time model visualization
- the process of detecting conflicts between the various discipline models
- the monitoring of conflicts between models
- the sharing of coordinated models with site workers via the mobile application
The technologies used for pre-project coordination not only reduce conflicts on the construction site, but also save costs and time throughout the entire project. A successful approach for the entire construction industry.